Dear Parents of PCPC,
Happy St. Patrick’s Day on this third week of Lent. We are doing our best to follow the guidelines set forth by our government and community. This means our normal children and families ministries will look a bit different through at least March 30th. We really do not know how long this will last so we are making the most of our online resourcing. We are trying to follow our Good Shepherd and listen to God’s voice of where to go next.
I am trying to be in touch with as many churches and resources as possible so that I can be of help to your family during this uncertain time. I acknowledge that I am putting a lot of choices into this message and many of them are digital. It is not meant to encourage more screen time or overwhelm you as parents or grandparents. It is meant for you to pick and choose something you think you will “feed” your souls and your family. Just like in a buffet line, you are welcome not to choose to do any of these things. We won’t be guilting you into anything of the sort. We simply want to love and care for you wherever this may find you.
If there are other things we can do to help support you such as finding childcare by pairing you up with some college students, please let us know. If you have ideas that you think other parents may want to hear about please email me those ideas!
I want you to know how hard the Children’s Staff is working to be present for you throughout this process. We (Kelly, Nancy, and Jeanne) are all working on different elements to try to connect with you and your children in new and different ways to be church.
These are some of the things Children’s Ministries are working on so far and the details may be found below.
- Hold a Realtime/Livestream Story time with Kelly on Tuesdays at 2 PM on Facebook and Instagram
- Starting “Koinonia Kids” – Developing Spiritual Practices – you will see some posts in the future e-newsletters
- Doing weekly Justice Seekers for 4th and 5th graders via Zoom
- E-newsletters to parents with links
- Picturing Lent – each day a word is posted on FB and Instagram. You take a picture of something that reminds you of that word and post it. You can even connect it to where you see God in the world.
- Weekly Godly Play stories that follow the lectionary posted on Sunday Mornings on FB and Instagram
- Weekly Faith Formation Lessons you can do as a family posted on FB and Instagram including Nursery lessons.
- Weekly Bulletin pages that match the lectionary passages from Sunday morning worship posted on FB and Instagram
- Women’s Bible Study via Zoom on Sunday nights
I also want to encourage you to follow our @pcpchildren Instagram account or via Facebook on Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church Children’s Ministry that will have abbreviated posts and ministries on a more frequent basis.
And finally, you are welcome to join us online for weekly worship services that can be found on our “Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church” FaceBook page or found online at https://palmaceia.org/videos/.
Know that I am praying for your family and please don’t hesitate to contact me in any way (text, call, post, or email).
Partners in Christ,Allison Kelly,Dir. of Children and Families
|Koinonia Kids Coming Soon|
|Soon we will be dedicating a portion of our postings specifically for Spiritual Practices for Families and we will call it Koinonia Kids! Below is our first set of ideas and link.Koinonia means Christian fellowship or communion, with God or, more commonly, with fellow Christians.|